What is the Backup Scheduler?Backup Scheduler is a tool for regular automatic executing of backup jobs at the specified time. This program allows you to schedule automatic backup by the command-line utility (d_back.exe) or schedule automatic execution of any CLI programs on MS Windows operating systems.
Backup scheduler main features:
- Separate scheduling of job's day and time execution;
- Scheduling of multiple start-up items in one day;
- Supports a rich set of additional conditions for scheduling execution such as:
- On CPU Idle;
- On file or directory creation (deletion);
- On removable media insertion.
- Saving of all jobs activities (standart output) in a log files;
- Monitoring of the scheduler service activity;
- Debugging mode.
The backup scheduler is partitioned in two programs: Jobs manager and Scheduler service.
Jobs manager (scheduler.exe) is a windows application, which is intended for creating jobs executing profile and monitoring tasks execution results.
Scheduler service (sched_srv.exe) - is a tiny program, which runs in a background mode and executes jobs which have been defined by the Scheduler manager. Scheduler service can run as a Windows service or as a background task.